Save the Date – Business Roundtable: Market Briefing on Israel
August 17 @ 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Join the Trade and Development Alliance for a Business Roundtable discussion led by Gregory Briscoe
Israel is home to a strong, diversified and technologically advanced high-tech economy that holds multiple opportunities for Greater Seattle firms. Israel’s business environment has no particular business protocols; it mainly follows U.S.-style conventions, which makes most U.S. businesspeople feel very comfortable in doing business. For first-time exporters to the market, though, it is important to note that distinct cultural differences between Israel and the US.
Although many strategies used by firms in the US can be equally effective in Israel, US. companies are advised not to automatically assume that selling in Israel is the same as selling in the domestic U.S. market. Companies should carefully research the implications of promotional activities prior to their implementation in Israel.
– In 2016, GDP real growth increased by 4% over 2015
– The US is Israel’s single largest trading partner
– Top industries: cyber security, digital media, life sciences, big data and software
– Israel is ranked 3rd out of 144 countries in innovation (World Economic Forum)
– The U.S.-Israel Free Trade Agreement (1985) provides easy market access to U.S. products and services. Since its signing, nearly all trade tariffs between the US and Israel have been eliminated
– Israel is home to modern banking and logisitics infrastructure and has one of the highest penetration rates for mobile telecom
Gregory Briscoe is the Senior Commercial Officer, serving in Tel Aviv, Israel. Gregory directs the Embassy’s U.S. export and investment initiatives focusing on IT, smart cities, aerospace, life sciences and Israel’s innovation ecosystem.
$10 TDA members | $20 non-members | $5 students
For questions, contact Shelly Hutcheson at (206) 389-7319 / email@example.com