The World Affairs Council brings the world to Washington and connects Washington to the world. Every resident of greater Seattle should have the opportunity to become more engaged by taking an active role in discussions, cross-cultural exchanges, and educational initiatives that enrich understanding of global affairs. The World Affairs Council provides community members the opportunity to learn more about themselves and their neighbors, and gain a greater appreciation for the complexity of the issues that impact their lives.
There are numerous ways to get involved with the World Affairs Council:
- Become A Member and attend any of the dozens of World Affairs Council events to share your thoughts and learn about critical world issues.
- Provide Additional Support to the World Affairs Council by donating to the endowment or annual fund, joining the Global Futures Society, or supporting a specific event or activity.
- Host international delegates from across the globe either through professional meetings, dinner hosting or home stays.
- Volunteer to provide event or office support.
- Intern and be a critical part of the World Affairs Council by lending your skills and learning new ones.