Homestay Program for International Visitors
Are you interested in expanding your world through welcoming international visitors? We consistently bring in both professional and youth international leaders who are seeking a host family for their time in Seattle.
Now Accepting Host Family Applications For:
Youth Programs Summer 2018
Ready to Host? Click Here to Apply Today!
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Youth Participants:
- They speak English and are high school juniors and seniors.
- They have been competitively selected for this program based on leadership abilities, community involvement, and academic performance.
- They will participate in a program organized by the World Affairs Council during the day with the evenings & weekends open to explore Seattle and experience the daily routine of host families.
- They can take public transportation independently to/from the daily meeting spot at the World Affairs Council office downtown.
- They will be provided bus passes, cell phones, and lunch on programming days.
- This is a volunteer opportunity.
- Hosts are asked to treat guests as part of the family.
- A private room with an individual bed and most meals are required.
- Families or individuals can host two guests, but they must have separate beds.
- Interested hosts must complete all application requirements.
- The World Affairs Council will provide group airport transportation to and from a downtown location and 24-hour staff support.
Thank You to our Host Family Community!
The summer of 2015 was an incredible summer for our international youth programs, none of which would have been possible without our incredibly supportive and welcoming host family community! A warm thank you from us all for your time and investment in these students’ lives.
Take 1:31 to enjoy the following video, sharing memories and highlights from an unforgettable summer!
Recent Overnight Hosting opportunities have included youth leaders from Brazil, Mexico, Iraq, the Middle East and North Africa, Japan, South Korea, and Cuba, as well as journalists from Ukraine and entrepreneurs from Mongolia. During their time in Seattle, these participants explored topics such as:
- Accountable Governance
- NGO Development
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Conflict Resolution
- Community Building
- Civic Engagement
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Women’s Empowerment
See what other hosts are saying about the experience!
Email email@example.com for more info!
If you are interested in hosting for our professional programs, please find more information here.