Homestay Program for International Youth Leaders
Spots are limited! Sign up today!
Current Opportunities for Host Families in 2015:
- Mexico (Jóvenes en Acción): July 12-24, 2015
- Join us for another year hosting this amazing program for high school students from throughout Mexico who have created action plans to address critical issues facing their communities, including promoting peace and providing alternatives to lawlessness for youth.
- Iraq (IYLEP): July 25-August 8, 2015
- IYLEP is a renowned program for high school students and young adult leaders from Iraq to develop leadership skills and strengthen ties between the United States and Iraq. Students will experience local culture in Seattle and attend professional workshops and meetings aimed at enhancing their media skills to address key social justice issues. A unique feature of this program is it includes American students during the U.S.-based program, creating a wonderful opportunity for cross-cultural exchange!
- Middle East & North Africa Region (MEPI): July 30-August 5, 2015
- A prestigious program sponsored by the U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative focused on providing training to university students between the ages of 20 and 24 who have demonstrated a commitment to promoting political, economic, and social reform in the Middle East and North Africa. During their time in Seattle, students will expand their understanding of social entrepreneurship and corporate social responsibility
- NEW for 2015! South Korea & Japan: August 8-22, 2015
- This program for female high school students from South Korea and Japan will focus on civic education and leadership through the lens of entrepreneurship and innovation.
- WAC Seattle is thrilled to have Seattle-area female high school students participate in this program with their Japanese and South Korean counterparts from August 10-14, 2015. The application deadline has been extended and spots are still available for local girls to be a part of this program, so apply now! Note: please disregard the deadline listed on the application, we are still accepting applicants!
- NEW for 2015! Cuba: August 14-22, 2015
- During World Learning’s 2015 Summer Leadership Program for Cuban Youth, high-school leaders will meet with a variety of Seattle-area organizations and individuals to build leadership skills and develop deeper understandings of community empowerment, civic engagement, consensus building, and conflict resolution. As this is a Spanish-language program, households are required to have at least one fluent Spanish-speaker. Spanish-speaking host families and individuals are encouraged to apply!
Fill out the online application
or contact the International Visitor Program at email@example.com
for more information. Please note that all dates are subject to change.
- Participants must have a private room, but may share a rom with another student of the same gender and age provided they both have individual beds.
- Families and individuals, who live anywhere in the greater Seattle area, are invited to apply as a host.
- Participants take part in a leadership program during the day from 9 am – 4 pm and have evenings and weekends free.
- Participants receive cell phones and bus passes, and can travel on public transportation to the daily meeting location in downtown Seattle.
- Our goal is to provide a safe, rewarding, and organized program that meets the needs of the youth participants, host families, and program administrators.
- Learn more in this year’s Guide to Hosting!
See what other hosts are saying about the experience:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
If you are interested in hosting for our professional programs, please find more information here.