The UK is preparing for a historic public vote on its future involvement and collaboration with continental Europe. The economic and trade implications are significant: 54% of UK exports go to EU business partners, and many Greater Seattle companies export to EU customers via the UK. Come learn about the history behind the vote, explore the cases for and against the UKs continued membership in the EU and get insights into what a post-referendum UK might look like under each scenario.
The discussion will include:
• An introduction & history of the UKs role in the EU
• Why BREXIT or the "Vote to Leave"
• Reasons to stay or "Britain Stronger in and with Europe"
• Business & trade implications for companies in the US & more specifically in the PNW region, including the potential impacts to TTIP negotiations
• Opportunity for Q&A and audience discussion
Continental breakfast, coffee and tea included with ticket price.
Registration and networking begins at 7:30 AM.
This is a British American Business Council – Pacific North West event, in partnership with the Trade Development Alliance of Greater Seattle:
The speakers for this event are:
- Ian Toner: Verus Investments
- Phillip Shekleton: University of Washington
- Jason Knight: KPMG