The World Affairs Council’s Young Professional International Network (YPIN) brings together a diverse group of young people with a shared passion for the world around us. We host a wide range of networking and social events in and around Seattle, each with a unique international focus to help foster global understanding and collaboration.
YPIN is a membership-based network with unique benefits for our constituents. YPIN members are also World Affairs Council members. World Affairs Council and YPIN are non-partisan associations with a common goal of offering programs and providing forums for discussion of critical world issues.
- Global Cafe: A roundtable discussion centered around today’s hot topics.
- Spanish Conversation Group: Hablas espanol? Join our Spanish discussion group at Little Water Cantina on the third Tuesday of every month.
- Networking Events: We host monthly networking events located at casual venues around Seattle. These events are meant to bring together like-minded young professionals that would like to engage in intellectual conversation, meet new people, or just kick back with a drink with other young professionals.
- International Women's Day Speed Mentorship: Each year in celebration of International Women's Day in March, women from around the Puget Sound come together as mentors and mentees to discuss career goals and best practices for personal and professional growth.
- Global Leader Dinner: A formal dinner series designed to bring together accomplished global leaders with YPIN members for intimate discussions about world industries and critical international issues. In addition to world ambassadors and entrepreneurs, past speakers include representatives from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Congress, Starbucks, and Amazon.com.
Want to get more involved?
We are led by an all-volunteer board, supported by World Affairs Council staff, that meets monthly to organize events. New board member recruitment takes place each summer.