The Experience of a Lifetime: Expo 2020 Dubai
October 1, 2021-March 31, 2022
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
In partnership with Global Ties U.S. and the U.S. Department of State, the World Affairs Council is helping to identify Cultural Performers and Youth Ambassadors to represent Washington State and the United States at the U.S. Pavilion during Expo 2020 Dubai. Running October 2021 through March 2022 (postponed due to the pandemic), Expo 2020 Dubai is set to be the largest event of any kind held in the Arab World with 192 participating countries and approximately 25 million visitors from across the globe.
Throughout the six months of Expo, the U.S. Pavilion will host a variety of Cultural Performers to showcase American cultural diversity and innovation across disciples including but not limited to music, dance, theatre, literature, spoken word, film, cuisine, and sport.
- 390 Cultural Performers and 84 total grassroots and semi-professional acts will be selected to perform at Expo 2020 and there is no age requirement, so youth performers are welcome to apply!
Performers are expected to be in Dubai for approximately 5 to 7 days and are required to participate in a minimum of 4 performances.
- International travel, lodging, and per diem will be provided for all performers at the U.S. Pavilion.
- For additional information, please review the FAQs on the Global Ties U.S. website.
- Interested in applying? The first step is to submit a nomination form. Nominations can be submitted here or if you'd like to request a nomination from the World Affairs Council on your behalf, please contact Rachel at rparislambert@world-affairs.
- Please note that performers will be selected on a rolling basis and Global Ties U.S. reserves the right to close the nomination form prior to the March 15, 2021 deadline.
Youth Ambassadors (U.S. citizens ages 18-29) will serve as guides and cultural ambassadors for international visitors to the U.S. Pavilion and must be energetic, friendly, and people-oriented, as they will serve as the “Faces of America” to millions of Expo visitors.
- Youth Ambassadors can expect to have daily encounters with international visitors who may speak one or several languages. Language abilities are an asset, but not required in order to apply to become a Youth Ambassador.
- There will be three cohorts: a 3-month Fall 2021 Cohort, a 3-Month Spring 2022 Cohort, and a 6-Month Cohort spanning the entire Expo.
- International travel, lodging, and a weekly stipend will be provided.
- Details about the Youth Ambassador program and FAQs can be found here.
- Ready to apply? The application portal is now open and the application can be found here.
- The application portal will remain open until February 26, 2021, but applications will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis, so don't delay!
This is a unique opportunity for artists and young people to travel to Dubai and make lasting international connections. Be a part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to attend the largest event ever staged in the Arab world that will welcome 190 participating countries, and millions of visitors from across the globe. Learn more, apply now and have the adventure of a lifetime!