The Experiment Digital: Youth Leadership & Community Service | Summer 2021
April 20th, 2021
ABOUT THE EXPERIMENT DIGITAL: YOUTH LEADERSHIP & COMMUNITY SERVICE
Designed to connect hundreds of young people across the United States with peers in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, The Experiment Digital Youth Leadership & Community Service prepares participants to be more civically engaged and lead change. This fully funded eight-week summer virtual experience teaches high school students to formulate and implement service projects in their local communities.
Students who participate in The Experiment Digital: Youth Leadership & Community Service will come away from the program with:
• An enhanced understanding and practice of leadership
• Increased involvement in civil society and volunteering
• Mutual understanding between youth from different cultures
The Experiment Digital Youth Leadership & Community Service, a pioneer in virtual exchange programming, launched in 2016. The program draws upon best practices in experiential learning accumulated over decades of Experiment programming. Originally launched to connect Experimenters with students in countries to which travel and traditional programs were not possible, The Experiment Digital Youth Leadership & Community Service is now providing a critical outlet for global cross-cultural exchange in a time of crisis.
Upon successful completion of the program, experimenters receive a Certificate of Completion in Leadership & Global Issues Analysis, unique project funding opportunities, and a $400 scholarship towards participation in one of The Experiment in International Living’s Summer 2022 programs around the world.
Summer 2021: The Experiment Digital Youth Leadership & Community Service will run for eight weeks. Program dates will be published at experiment.org/digital-leadership in early 2021.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with a priority admissions deadline of February 16, 2021, and a final admissions deadline of April 20, 2021. Email email@example.com if you have any questions about the application process. Visit experiment.org/digital-leadership for more information on how to apply.
You are eligible if you:
• Are between the ages of 14–19 years old
• Currently enrolled in or have not yet completed high school
• Reside in the United States or the MENA region, including Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen
• Have basic English language competency
• Have regular access to the Internet
• Can devote four hours each week to the program
During our application review, we look for participants who: (1) Demonstrate a commitment to the program and its goals; (2) Are passionate about developing their leadership and cross-cultural communication skills; (3) Have an open-minded attitude and are willing to learn from others; (4) Have a demonstrated interest in civic engagement; (5) Have not had extensive travel experience.