Are you interested in expanding your world? We provide innovative exchange programs for professional and youth leaders from around the world. These programs can include a homestay component to enrich the intercultural experience of their program by allowing these leaders to become more deeply immersed in our local culture. They are also a unique opportunity for host families to learn from and form a long-lasting friendship with an individual from a different country without even leaving Seattle!
2022 Homestay Opportunities
From October 7 - 15, we are honored to be hosting Open World, a professional exchange program that brings delegates from participating Eurasian countries to the United States for firsthand exposure to the American systems of democracy and governance.
Six prosecutors from North Macedonia are coming to Seattle to learn how to reform their judiciary to ensure that it can handle high-level crime and corruption cases before accession talks can begin. Each participant has been competitively selected for this fully-funded exchange sponsored by the Congressional Office for International Leadership. We are seeking seven host families for six participants and one facilitator to help give them an immersive cross-cultural experience in Seattle!
Three PFP Fellows interested in ICT, tax law, and entrepreneurship will be placed in intensive 5-week fellowships in non-profit organizations, private sector businesses, and government offices. We are seeking three host families to host Fellows for the final week of their program.
Please click the buttons below to learn more about Homestay Hosting.
- This is a volunteer opportunity.
- Hosts are asked to treat participants as part of the family.
- Hosts can be individuals as well as families with or without children.
- Hosts should live near a bus line that requires one hour or less of commuting time to the World Affairs Council office or be willing to drive their participants.
- A private room with an individual bed and most meals are required.
- Approved host families must complete all application requirements: online application, background checks for all adults in the household, home visit, two personal references, and verification of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 according to CDC guidelines.
- All participants are provided with accident and sickness health insurance during their time in the United States.
- All participants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including exchange participants and all household members who are eligible to receive a vaccine.
- Exceptional participants who have been through a rigorous application or nomination process and have demonstrated a commitment to cross-cultural engagement.
- A detailed schedule for the daily program.
- Arrival and departure airport transportation to and from a central location.
- A program-specific host family orientation and hosting manual.
- Public transportation passes, cell phones as necessary, and lunch on most programming days.
- 24-hour staff support, including a bilingual staff person when necessary.
Interested in submitting an application? We'll support you all the way!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.