Host Global Leadership Exchange Participants
Are you interested in expanding your world? We provide innovative exchange programs for professional and youth leaders from around the world. These programs can include a homestay component to enrich the intercultural experience of their program by allowing these leaders to become more deeply immersed in our local culture. They are also a unique opportunity for host families to learn from and form a long-lasting friendship with an individual from a different country without even leaving Seattle!
2023 Homestay Opportunities
In March 2023, we are excited to welcome 12 youth leaders ages 15-18 and 3 adult mentors from Kenya, Namibia, and Botswana for the 2023 Youth Leadership Program! While in Seattle they will explore themes such as climate change, clean energy initiatives, community service, and community-based project implementation. We are looking for 15 host families to welcome these leaders into their homes for a two-week cultural immersion.
Please click the buttons below to learn more about Homestay Hosting.
- This is a volunteer opportunity.
- Hosts are asked to treat participants as part of the family.
- Hosts can be individuals as well as families with or without children.
- Hosts should live near a bus line that requires one hour or less of commuting time to the World Affairs Council office or be willing to drive their participants.
- A private room with an individual bed and most meals are required.
- Approved host families must complete all application requirements: online application, background checks for all adults in the household, home visit, two personal references, and verification of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 according to CDC guidelines.
- All participants are provided with accident and sickness health insurance during their time in the United States.
- All participants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including exchange participants and all household members who are eligible to receive a vaccine.
- Exceptional participants who have been through a rigorous application or nomination process and have demonstrated a commitment to cross-cultural engagement.
- A detailed schedule for the daily program.
- Arrival and departure airport transportation to and from a central location.
- A program-specific host family orientation and hosting manual.
- Public transportation passes, cell phones as necessary, and lunch on most programming days.
- 24-hour staff support, including a bilingual staff person when necessary.
Interested in submitting an application? We'll support you all the way!
Contact us at email@example.com.