Host Global Leadership Exchange Participants
Are you interested in expanding your world? We provide innovative exchange programs for professional and youth leaders from around the world. These programs include a homestay component to enrich the intercultural experience of their program by allowing these leaders to become more deeply immersed in our local culture. They are also a unique opportunity for host families to learn from and form a long-lasting friendship with an individual from a different country without even leaving Seattle!
2023 Youth Homestay Hosting Opportunities
Clean Energy Youth Leadership Program: From Sunday, March 12 - Saturday, March 25, 2023 we are excited to welcome 12 youth leaders ages 15-18 and 3 adult mentors from Kenya, Namibia, and Botswana! While in Seattle they will explore themes such as climate change, clean energy initiatives, community service, and community-based project implementation. We are looking for 15 host families to welcome these leaders into their homes for a two-week cultural immersion.
2023 Professional Homestay Hosting Opportunities
Please click the buttons below to learn more about Homestay Hosting.
- This is a volunteer opportunity.
- Hosts are asked to treat participants as part of the family.
- Hosts can be individuals as well as families with or without children.
- Hosts should live near a bus line that requires one hour or less of commuting time to the World Affairs Council office or be willing to drive their participants.
- A private room with an individual bed and most meals are required.
- Approved host families must complete all application requirements: online application, background checks for all adults in the household, home visit, two personal references, and verification of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 according to CDC guidelines.
- All participants are provided with accident and sickness health insurance during their time in the United States.
- All participants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including exchange participants and all household members who are eligible to receive a vaccine.
- Exceptional participants who have been through a rigorous application or nomination process and have demonstrated a commitment to cross-cultural engagement.
- A detailed schedule for the daily program.
- Arrival and departure airport transportation to and from a central location.
- A program-specific host family orientation and hosting manual.
- Public transportation passes, cell phones as necessary, and lunch on most programming days.
- 24-hour staff support, including a bilingual staff person when necessary.
Interested in submitting an application? We'll support you all the way!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.