Global Classroom extends the World Affairs Council’s message of global engagement to K-12 classrooms by providing curricular resources, professional development programs for teachers, and leadership activities for high school students. Education in global affairs builds a globally competitive workforce while enriching the learning experience through the examination of current issues, cross-cultural exchange, and the dialogue of ideas shaping our future.
To find out what Global Classroom has been up to the past year, check out our Global Classroom 2012-2013 Summer update!
Global Classroom gives teachers the tools they need to educate students on meaningful international issues through multiple programs including:
- Professional Development Workshops: Each school year, Global Classroom organizes ten teacher training programs on a variety of relevant international topics. Programs include guest speakers, panelists, hands-on activities, an up-to-date resource packet, dinner, and clock hours. Participants leave with greater understanding of global issues and stronger connections to their colleagues in both the greater Seattle community and abroad. Resource packets are published following every event and posted free online, including STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics) specific content. See our calendar for upcoming workshops.
- Teacher Resources: In the Teacher Resources section of this website, visitors will find numerous global issues resource packets, curricula designed to support K-12 teachers implementing the Washington State social studies Classroom-Based Assessments (CBAs), and additional curriculum materials. These are also valuable to anyone teaching world politics, history, geography, or economics. Packets also include resources to help you integrate global affairs into STEM curriculum.
- Teacher Leaders for Online Exchange: The Teacher Leaders for Online Exchange (TLOE) project is intended to increase the number of classrooms in Washington State that are engaged in online (or paper-based) exchanges, connections, or collaborations with classrooms in other countries. Examples of such connections might include email pen-pal relationships, completing a joint service project, exchanging student work, or engaging in facilitated discussions via Skype or another platform. Global Classroom provides support and resources to make it easier for teachers to develop such connections, relating the work directly to curricular goals.
- World Educator Award: Each year, the World Affairs Council honors a local educator who has made exceptional contributions in broadening the global horizons of students and colleagues. The recipient of the World Educator Award is an outstanding K-12 teacher who promotes international understanding in the classroom and contributes to the development of resources so that other educators and community members are better prepared to meet a major challenge of our time: to educate youth about world affairs.
- Educator Tours to Turkey: Global Classroom selects greater Seattle area teachers to travel to Turkey every summer through the Turkish Cultural Foundation. Global Classroom also provides teachers with information about other study tour opportunities.
Global Classroom provides students the opportunity to participate in their growth as global citizens through programs including:
- The Global Youth Leadership Initiative: The Global Youth Leadership Initiative (GYLI) is a year-long program designed to encourage and assist high school students in learning about current global issues while developing leadership skills and raising global awareness among their peers. Participants create plans to raise awareness about global issues at their high schools and receive support implementing their plans throughout the school year.
- World Citizen Essay Contest: Each year the World Affairs Council hosts the World Citizen Essay contest for third through twelfth graders. The goal of the contest is to promote discussion among students, teachers, families, and community members about the ways that individuals can effect positive change in the global community.
- The Global Education and Engagement project: The World Affairs Council, in partnership with Three Chairs for Refugees and the Kent School District, launched a leadership program for high school refugee students. The Global Education and Engagement (GLEE) project focuses on four main principles: knowledge, perspective, voice, and action, to equip refugee youth with the skills and social-cultural capacities to act as emerging leaders in our increasingly global society.
For more information about Global Classroom, please contact:
Tese Neighbor, Director of Professional Development
Laura Adriance, Director of Youth Programming
Amy Lutterloh, Global Classroom Program Assistant
Email or call 206.441.5910
Michael Kors Bags,Louis Vuitton bags and Clarisonic for Elegant Ladies
Michael Kors Bags,Louis Vuitton bags and Clarisonicbe long all belong to the genus of excellent and long lasting variety. Here, I will present you somthing of Michael Kors Bags,Louis Vuitton bags and Clarisonicbe.
If you like cheap louis vuitton bags then you're going to have the opportunity to like it a lot more. The sole objective of Louis Vuitton handbags is to quench the thirst of women for a lifestyle of luxury. We must admit that the Louis Vuitton cellection is really attractive, not only because the reason of practicality. And each bag is top quality cowhide leather. I think that maybe discount louis vuitton bags should release more hangbans of the pattern since it is so classic and cool. Besides, the small modern bag is ideal for the city-dweller, it is comfortablely carried on the shoulder of across the body thanks to the removable and adjustable strap.
Comparing with the Louis Vuitton bags, Cheap Michael Kors Satchels are popular for the colorful material and young fashion design. Michael Kors Bedford Satchels is always known for its sense of luxury. MK style, which means Michael Kors Bags can make you be special with a simple and clear style. The michael kors jet set tote is obviously simple and clear and deliver a sense of minimalist but more than simply a bag. The bright color is one of the most popular color this year. With such kind of michael kors outlet online, you can attract some people attention easily and your summer days could also be colorful. What is more, you can hang out with this small one with a high sense of elegance.
Ultimately, we have to know one of the best skin care product. Clarisonic has gained its fame due to its effectiveness. The clarisonic classic skin care brush is one of the best facial and body cleansers that you can have. Through Clarisonic products you will be able to have younger and healthier skin. A lot of Clarisonic reviews featuring the products have gained high ratings from users all over the world. It removes oil and dirt effectively twice as much as regular cleansing does.The cheap clarisonic skin care brush is known to fight the common skin problems such as oiliness, dryness, sensitive skin, acne, premature skin aging and a lot more. This is probably one of the best products that you can get in the market. That is what Clarisonic always do for you.